\IntroductionQuick Start Guide (install, build small msi etc)Test your first MSI (TryMe.msi)
|Test your first MSI (TryMe.msi)|
The following behaviour assumes default configuration using the
"preferred MSI interface for building an MSI":
- You can now double click on the MSI to install it
(or perhaps you'd like to try the
"right click, verbose logging method).
Please see the "installation problems"
section of this manual if you have problems installing the MSI.
If you'd already previously installed it:
- If you'd already installed a previous version of the MSI
(its actual version number is irrelevant) then it will
be automatically uninstalled before the install proceeds.
- If the same "version" then the maintenance dialog
will be displayed.
- After the install completes, start the Windows
You should find it listed there
(the developer mode adds a prefix so that they sort first).
If you have WIN2000 or WINXP there should also be
"Support Information" (click on this), if you click on the readme link
the generated documentation will be displayed (by default it gets installed).
This may not work if your default browser is firefox (a feature it has).
- You may want to try the "Verify Files" button in the generated
documentation (or the "Add/Remove Applet").
This button is only available (currently) in IE.
- You can uninstall the MSI via the "Add/Remove Applet" but try
double clicking on the MSI again to display the maintenance dialog
and then choose the "Remove" option.
Please see the "Testing Your MSI" section for more