\TroubleshootingBugs, Features and Issues (NON-MAKEMSI)Dialog 2826 Bug
A windows installer verbose log will show many 2826 "errors",
the message will say that the control extends past the right side of the
dialog by "x" pixels.
These are the main issues:
- Pixels are not used for controls therefore the message text itself
is buggy ("Installer" units are used).
- If it really extends past the end of the dialog in 'x' pixels
then this is a windows installer bug in any case.
There is no developer control over how many pixels are taken up by
I have confirmed via testing that the value being reported is pixels
by adjusting the units by 1 and getting a jump of 2.
- Decreasing the size of the control to remove this message
leaves a gap so the right most VALID part of the dialog can't be
accessed without getting this error message..
- Any 2826 message in the "Error" table is ignored by Windows
- The message if anything should be a "warnings" as it does
not cause any problems.
- It makes it much harder to find "real" errors in a verbose log.